- Parsley is the world's most popular herb It derives its name from the Greek word meaning "rock celery" because parsley is a relative to celery.
- It is a bi-annual plant that will return to the garden year after year once it is established.
- There are more than 30 varieties of parley, but the most common are curly-leaf and the more pungent Italian or flat-leaf parsley. The flat-leaf has more flavor than curly parsley and is preferred for cooking.
- Dried parsley has little flavor.In ancient times parsley wreaths were used to ward off drunkenness.Chewing parsley will help with bad breath from food odors such as garlic and onions.
- Substitutions: 1 tsp dried parsley = 1 tbsp fresh parsley; curly parsley OR Italian parsley OR chervil OR celery tops OR cilantro
- Parsley is rich in poly-phenolic flavonoid antioxidants, is a good source of potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. It is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, VitaminE, Vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin. ! Tablespoon = 1 calorie
Flavorful Fortified Food - Recipes to Enrich Life.