Packed lunches do not have to be boring, high in sodium and fat, and lacking in essential and important nutrients. A bit of imagination and planning can take care of that. Think of this.
Would you like to…?
- Take control of what you eat and when you eat it?
- Have variety without driving miles out of you way to find some place new to buy food or spending more than is in your budget?
- Choose the foods to give you lasting energy through the day?
- Be able to munch on a few healthy bites any time your stomach grumbles without feeling guilt?
- Save money every week that you can spend on yourself for something special?
- Do something good for your health and wellness?
If you pack your own lunch you can save the time wasted waiting for your order and …
- Take it to the park and enjoy nature while you eat.
- Go for a walk or jog.
- Do a little window shopping.
- Write a letter or call a friend.
- Get a quick mani-pedi.
- Read a book while you relax.
- Take a quick nap in your office, car or the park.
- Run errands.
If you’re in doubt about how to pack healthy, nutritious meals, ask a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to design your menu and give you recipe ideas. Check out the egg salad and tuna salad recipes in Flavorful Fortifed Food - Recipes to Enrich Life for higher calorie versions of these popular sandwich fillings. Don't own a copy? Order your copy today!