During National Grilled Cheese Month, take some time to look for options to give you diet more variety. Consider adding fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, broccoli, tomato and turkey, mushrooms, tuna salad, chicken salad, corned beef, ham, or turkey to that traditional grilled cheese sandwich. Different kinds of cheese, such as feta, pepper jack, blue, and goat cheese can add additional variety.
Looking for something different? Consider these variations for a grilled cheese sandwich:
* smoked mozzarella and maple-glazed bacon
* feta cheese and green garlic
* goat cheese and mushrooms
* blue cheese on crisp raisin brioche with a few thin slices of pear
* apple wood smoked cheddar cheese with apple butter on rosemary bread
* Gruyère, roasted red bell peppers, mustard green panini
* quesadillas with mushrooms and goat cheese
* fontina on white bread, grilled in olive oil and sage.