Number of Servings: 8 - Portion size: 1/2 cup
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 10 hours (includes freezing)
lovingly created by digtheisland
inspiration from The Minimalist Baker
- I prefer using So Delicious dairy free culinary grade coconut milk culinary grade coconut milk; 1/11 oz carton = 1/14 oz can. You can make up the 4 oz difference in volume with coconut water, plain water or additional coconut milk, or for a richer ice use 4 oz coconut cream or just get a slightly smaller yield - it won't make a big difference in the quality or flavor
- Some ice cream maker instructions have the ice cream "cure" right inside the churning bowl. Others have you transfer it to a chilled freezer safe bowl.
- Whenever transferring ice cream to another bowl or container be sure to freeze it for at least 4 hours so none of the ice cream will melt
- To scoop ice cream easily I like to heat the scoop by dipping it in hot water then shaking it off
- Although this ice cream won't last long, it will keep covered in the freezer for up to a week.