- 1 ounce of almonds has the same amount of antioxidants as ½ cup of broccoli?
- ½ cup of almonds has close to 18 grams of fat, 11 grams which are monounsaturated fats
- A mere handful (20 to 25 almonds) has as much calcium as ¼ cup of milk
- 1 ounce of almonds provides you with 1/3 of your total daily requirements of Vitamin E.
Did you know that?
- Reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol, increasing soluble fiber and antioxidants.
- Help control blood sugar levels because they provide significant amounts of magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and potassium.
- Be an excellent source of vitamin E, iron and B vitamins.
- Be high in protein and calcium, helping bone and teeth development and strength.
- Almonds are easy to keep, and last a long time when properly stored. Store them in air tight containers to prevent rancidity, refrigerate for up to two years or freeze in tightly sealed containers for up to four years.